The Town of Boone is a Council/Manager form of government, which means that the Town Council is the governing body for the Boone community. The Town Council is in charge of making broad policy decisions. Appointed by the Town Council, the Town manager is responsible for day-to-day operations within the Town government. The Town Manager is in charge of the following actions:
- Supervises all department heads and staff
- Prepares the recommended balanced budget for the Town Council's consideration
- Serves are the main advisor to Town Council on policy and administrative matters
- Attends all Town Council meetings and recommends actions that need to be expedited
- Makes sure that all laws in North Carolina, the Town of Boone Charter and Ordinances, and that Resolutions and Regulations of the Town Council are followed throughout the Town
- Implements Town Council's policy decisions
- And More!